Monday, November 16, 2009

Rewiring

This weekend proved successful, I managed to rewire and relay part of the track so the wiring and power distribution is correct across all boards. The isolators have been removed from track 1 and 2 on the main board increasing the scope of the crossover section an allowing the station section to be isolated completely.

I also took the opportunity to change the station slightly, by relaying the far station lane and bringing it in a little, making the station section symmetrical. I had been bugging me for a while that I had made the station platform in that section far to wide for the scale. Now it is in line with the other side, plus I have more scenery space.

Finally I have come to the decision that I cannot avoid the rail joining issue any longer. It will not work the way I thought I'd try, as trying to line up 6 tracks (and thus 12 rails) is virtually impossible. Unfortunately, fixing this will probably involve relaying part of the track in the station and yard, but I think a step backwards will probably end up with two steps forward!

On the up side my local cash and carry has some good latches to replace the temporary ones currently fitted to the board. And I found some copper tape to experiment with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment